Resources for Oregon’s Rural Communities to Secure Federal Funding
There is an unprecedented opportunity for rural Oregon communities to access and utilize public sector funding streams from federal and state governments.
The Pathways to Securing Rural Federal Funding Toolkit provides support and resources intended to help rural jurisdictions, non-profits, special districts and other governmental organizations address the challenges faced in accessing public sector funding streams from federal and state governments.
The lack of capacity, expertise and access to external resources affect small organizations everywhere as well as those serving populations of color, as evidenced by the report, “Pathways to Securing Rural Federal Funding,” commissioned by The Ford Family Foundation and developed by Sequoia Consulting; and these Toolkit resources have been developed in response.
Pathways to Securing Rural Federal Funding Toolkit:
- Federal Funding Opportunities Prospect List – an Excel list updated monthly with current federal funding sources that is searchable and can be refined by an agency’s criteria
- Need-based Mentoring – funded by The Ford Family Foundation, provided by Sequoia Consulting, and accessed by rural agencies through completion of the Grant Readiness Assessment
- Grant Writer Roster – a vetted listing of qualified grant writers to assist an agency in developing and managing federal grant proposals
- Are you a federal grant writer? Complete this Request for Qualifications to be listed as a resource on the Grant Writer Roster
- Grant Readiness Assessment – a survey to identify the necessary steps for rural jurisdictions, organizations, and special districts to prepare a successful federal grant application
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
The Pathways to Rural Federal Funding information hosted on the Oregon Economic Development Districts website is provided as a service to the general public. The Ford Family Foundation provided funding and Sequoia Consulting compiled the roster. The grant writers listed on the Pathways to Rural Federal Funding Grant Writer Roster submitted their own information. The roster is provided as a resource so that individuals and organizations may be aware of and choose to make contact with any of those listed.
The Ford Family Foundation, Sequoia Consulting and Oregon Economic Development District do not endorse any service provider, take no responsibility, and disclaim any liability incurred as a consequence of the use of the services of those listed or from any contact made to those listed. If you believe any information is inaccurate, out of date or misleading, please bring it to our attention by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sequoia Consulting
Sequoia Consulting is a woman-owned social enterprise focused on helping rural communities thrive. Sequoia Consulting provides resource development and new initiative support to rural jurisdictions, non-profits, and special districts, which includes grant services, strategic development, and program management. www.sequoiaconsulting.org
About The Ford Family Foundation
The Ford Family Foundation was established in 1957 by Kenneth W. and Hallie E. Ford. Its mission is “successful citizens and vital rural communities” in Oregon and Siskiyou County, California. The Foundation is located in Roseburg, Oregon, with a Scholarship office in Eugene. www.TFFF.org