WaterSMART: Planning and Project Design Grants for FY 23 & 24
Funding available for:
(1) Water Strategy Grants to conduct planning activities to improve water supplies
(e.g., water supplies to disadvantaged communities that do not have reliable access to water, water marketing, water conservation, drought resilience, and ecological resilience);
(2) Project Design Grants to conduct project-specific design for projects to improve water management; and
(3) comprehensive Drought Contingency Plans.
States, Tribes, irrigation districts, and water districts;
State, regional, or local authorities, the members of which include one or more organizations with water or power delivery authority;
and other organizations with water or power delivery authority.
All applicants must be located in one of the following States or territories:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
Category B applicants:
Nonprofit conservation organizations that are acting in partnership with, and with the agreement of, an entity described in Category A.
All Category B applicants must be located in the United States or the specific territories identified above.
Category B applicants must include with their application a letter from the Category A partner stating that the Category A partner:
(1) is acting in partnership with the applicant;
(2) agrees to the submittal and content of the application; and
(3) intends to participate in the project in some way, for example, by providing input, feedback, or other support for the project.Drought Contingency Planning
A State, Tribe, irrigation district, water district, or other organization with water or power delivery in one of the following states or territories:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada,
New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah,
Washington, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands,
or the Virgin Islands